Details of April 21 workshops
Register for both workshops $50
1:30-3:30 pm Core & Earth Practice $30
Spring is the time to lose the Winter pounds and tone the belly for happier and more self-satisfied feelings as the layers start to come off. In this workshop, you will:
- Work directly and indirectly on your entire abdominal region, strengthening, stretching, and toning it
- Learn how to stand stronger in the legs to better support abdominal health overall
- Learn how to open the chest (front and back) and arms so that you can breathe in a more balanced way throughout the pollen and the heat of Spring and Summer.
This workshop is appropriate for all but students totally new to yoga. Sling off some weight and tone the body through Kim Weeks's challenging, fun, and grounding workshop.
4:00-6:00 pm Basic Yoga Breathing Techniques $30
This workshop extends Kim's Journaling and Work/Life Balance Workshop series, taking breath practices into our daily lives. How, when, and for long we breathe affects every part of our daily life, from how we sleep to how we work and handle stress. In this workshop you will:
- Learn the basics of "conditioned" or belly breathing, and the basics of the how the lungs and diaphragm work
- Learn both quieting breathing techniques and energizing breathing techniques
- Establish the basics of a home breathing practice
This workshop is appropriate for all but students totally new to yoga. Learn how to unwind, de-stress, and steady the mind all in one workshop.